2nd Symposium - Building Safer & Resilient Society against Mega Disaster -
- 19 September 2011
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), Campus Etterbeek, Building D
If you wish to attend the symposium, please fill in and send the registration form (Excel file).
For details of the symposium, please refer to the flyer.
Part I: Report on the GEJET 10:00 - 12:00
- "Summary on the great East Japan earthquake and tsunami"
- Prof Shoichi Yoshioka, Kobe University
- "3.11 Tsunamis in the Sendai Bay Area and the Damage to the Coastal Mitigation System"
- Prof Akira Mano, Tohoku University
- "Present status of Japanese nuclear power plants and radiation disaster"
- Prof Keiji Oda, Kobe University
- "Damage situations of ground, infrastructures and others"
- Prof Yasuo Tanaka, Kobe University
Part II: Impact of the GEJET 13:00 - 15:00
- "Rubble and waste treatment in Tohoku disaster"
- Prof Masanobu Ishikawa, Kobe University
- "A Process of Improvement of Law and Institution in Disaster Management: Lessons from East Japan"
- Prof Yuka Kaneko, Kobe University
- "Collaboration for generating hope: psychosocial support for person"
- Prof Masayoshi Morioka, Kobe University
- "Community recovery of Tohoku disaster hit area and recovery supports from outside"
- Prof Yoshiteru Murosaki, Kwansei Gakuin University
Part III: Panel Discussion 15:30 - 17:40
- Prof Hiroshi Takeda, Kobe University
- Speakers from part I & II and;
- Dr Denis Peter, European Commission (Presentation)
- Prof Hormoz Modaressi, BRGM (Presentation)
- Prof Jochen Zschau, GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences (Presentation)
- Prof David Alexander, Global Risk Forum GRF Davos (Presentation)
Copyright © Kobe University. All Rights Reserved.